Increase Energy Efficiency with Soundproof Insulation in Kitchener-Waterloo
When it comes to lowering your utility bills and reducing noise, insulating your home is one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to get the results you want. With help from Reitzel Insulation, our soundproof insulation in Kitchener-Waterloo can save you money and create a more comfortable (and less noisy) living environment.
When it comes to insulating walls, location does matter. Depending on where the wall is located (interior or exterior), and the purpose of the area, will typically determine what type of insulation will be used. Whether you’re in need of insulation in bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms or anywhere else, we’ve got the experience to get the job done right. To learn more about what we offer, contact Reitzel Insulation today.
SIGNS YOU MIGHT NEED INSULATION
With 42 years in the industry, we here at Reitzel Insulation have found that many homes aren’t insulated properly. But with our help, we’ll make sure your home has the insulation necessary to keep you comfortable and your energy bills low. If you’re worried your home is lacking insulation, here are a few signs to keep an eye out for:
- Temperature fluctuations: A sign of good insulation is even temperatures throughout your home. So if, for instance, you’re freezing in the kitchen, but you’re warm in your bedroom, that might be a sign your house in under-insulated.
- Higher bills: We encourage you to research your energy bills in the last few years to see if any increases stand out. If you see huge spikes in your bill, that might be due to the fact that the insulation in your attic or walls has settled, making it less effective. Just remember that even if you don’t notice dramatic shifts in temperature in your home, it should still show up on your utility if your heating or cooling systems are working overtime.
- Drafts: In winter, chilly drafts in certain areas of your home are caused by cool air entering through window frames, doorways and walls. Having the right insulation will help block out this cold air keeping your home nice and comfortable.
- Mice and bugs: Insects and other pests enter your home through tiny crack and crevices in your walls and around doorways and windows. These openings are also how cold air gets in your home. By adding insulation you can protect your home from Mother Nature and pests!
BENEFITS OF INSULATING YOUR WALLS
There are many reasons to insulate the interior and exterior walls of your home. In many areas, homes are built with only the minimum required insulation to pass inspections. However, the minimum doesn’t always translate into energy savings and other benefits for homeowners. Here are just a few of the benefits homeowners experience when they properly insulate their home:
- Sound dampening: Insulating walls, especially interior ones, can reduce the transfer of sound from room to room.
- Energy savings: Insulating interior walls will help reduce heat transfer throughout your home, saving money on home utility costs. For exterior walls, think of insulation as a sweater or other warm garment for your home. Insulating the exterior of your home can even help keep interior wall surfaces closer to room temperature.
- Moisture protection: Whether indoors or outdoors, your home is at risk when it comes to moisture. By insulating the walls of your home, you will help protect from unwanted moisture build-up.
Are you ready to see what Reitzel Insulation can do for you next insulation project? Contact us today to learn more about our services.